Mad About Mads Mikkelsen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On June 1st the old MAMM forum closed down, this is an attempt at life-saving.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Empty
PostSubject: Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal   Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:02 am

Maddie wrote:
Hello, I am an old fan of Mads' since early 2011, I used to be registered on the old MAMM forum until that closed down (but only posted a few times there), then I posted for a while on the MIFFS forum, then that closed down. So, I have been a lurker on this site for a while, checking to see all the latest news about Mads. I thought the forum was dead, but checking today I saw that its still active. I first became a fan of Mads after I saw Prague and After the Wedding and since then, I have probably seen just about every film he has been in.

I understand what you are talking about in regards to all the Tumblr fans; I really miss the old forums. There's a part of me that wishes he had never accepted the role in Hannibal, since then, he has become so big over in the states and "some" of these Hannibal fans act like they know everything about Mads, but yet a lot of them have never seen his Danish films (unless its for the sex scenes).

I am 30 Years old, and thought I was a fairly young fan, but when I see all these young Hannibal fans in their teens, I just have to shake my head. Some of these fans are even a little "off", if you know what I mean, (I guess when you do a show called Hannibal, you shouldn't be surprised at some of these "strange" people that come crawling out from where ever they are hiding).

I have watched some of the episodes of Hannibal, but that was only for Mads and Gillian Anderson and I only watched the scenes he was in, but find the show to be too gruesome.

I regularly follow the mads-mikkelsen.net website and Tumblr page for all the latest news on his recent films and upcoming projects. I was so delighted to see him on Saturday at Cannes for his film, The Salvation. I have to say that I am a little disappointed that Hannibal was renewed for a third season, I was sure the show wouldn't last because of the low ratings. Mads' wife said in an interview at the Robert Awards that she "Won't be sad if the show does not continue", she and the family miss him and wish he were home. Mads also said that this past year was very tough on his family because the filming took longer than it was supposed to; 7 months. I feel like Mads is missing out on his son growing up, his daughter is 21, so I imagine she has gone on with her life. I read somewhere that he signed a five year contract for Hannibal, I really hope this third season will be the last. Can you imagine another 7 months without his family?

Over the past few years, I have seen Mads age dramatically; although he is still handsome. I think this has to do with the fact that he is constantly working and never takes time to take a break. I really miss the way things used to be; when Mads was still making films, and before Hannibal ever came along.

On Saturday I was reading the Mads Mikkelsen News blog on Tumblr, and "some" of these fans were trying to start rumors of Mads having an affair with Eva Green just because they briefly touched and smiled at one another. This sort of thing goes on continuously in the Tumblr world.

Well, since I recently signed up for Tumblr, I got a little agitated with this; I felt bad for the poor person who runs the Mads Mikkelsen News blog on Tumblr, so I sent her a link to a Norwegian article from Dagbladet, that was once posted on the old MAMM forum, so people can see what a great family man Mads is, and to stop these rumors being spread. She reblogged the article on her Tumblr and linked to my Tumblr page; she was getting tired of people asking her personal questions about his life and if he and Hanne were having marital problems. I read some of the comments on the article, and some of these fan girls were upset that he mentions that he finds "young girls" that are attracted to him wrong and sickening. I think the article gave a few of them a little surprise. Laughing

Since Mads has been filming Hannibal, "some" of these Tumblr fans have stalked and harassed his family online. They have looked at Hanne and Viola's Instagram pages, as well as their Facebook pages; Luckily Hanne has her Instagram page locked now, I don't know if Viola has locked hers or not. His daughter is really going to have to watch everything she does from now on. Someone posted pictures from her Instagram account a few months ago, but luckily they were deleted. This is ridiculous, his kids have already been through enough; his daughter was kicked in the head a few years ago, bullied in school, and now this. I wish it would all stop.

I apologise for the long post, but I'm getting really irritated by "some" of these fans.
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal   Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:28 am

I'm trying to answer today, even if I'm a bit tired of work today too.

Thanks a lot Maddie for your long answer. It's a bit off topic in the Prague-Thread, so I copied it here.

I really miss the forum too. I don't use twitter or tumblr, because I don't have a fast interet this time (hopefully it will be changed in about a month). But I don't think this is my style to be a fan of Mads. I want to talk, discuss his work and his person and not only comment things. It's nice sometimes on facebook, but that's not enough.

I understand, what you mean with the Teens, who get crazy about Mads and love him just because of the hot sex scenes. I suppose, that Mads laughs about them or gets tired of such stupid girls. Two years ago, I think, there was a member of the old MaMM-forum and she felt confident, that Mads had a affair with a girl in Cannes (some rumors of a Danish Magazine). She didn't want to believe, that Mads just loves his wife and that he wouldn't betray her (of course we don't know it 100 %, but he always talks like that in so many interviews). It's crazy when fans build their own picture of a star and don't see the difference between the roles and the reality.

I thought, that Hanne and Carl live in Canada too while Mads is acting there. Or was that just for the first season? If he's away that long time, it's surely hard for all of them. Because Mads surely do some films in addition - like the Salvation and Men and hens. It's sad, that he don't have enough time for his family, because he is a family man. Sad

Well if he gets older because of his work, I'm not sure. It's surely one factor, but he will be 50 next year. That's not young anymore (even if it's sad and I would prefer a lot of movies with him as a young sexy lover) and Mads surely uses no lifting or something like that to look younger. On other factor is his that he is permantly smooking cigarettes. That's very unhealthy and it costs a lot of beauty. And of course he needs much sleep. He sometimes looks pretty and on other days he has this big tear sacs.  Mad But well, he isn't thirty anymore and he is very normal. That's great. I adore him for being like just him.

So. Now I have to go to bed. If you find some articles or news, it would be great, if you copy them and post them here in the forum.

Best wishes to California (by the way my Californian poopy is in flower today and I love it) and please forgive my mistakes. I try my very best with the English language. Wink

Luin
Back to top Go down
Maddie
Janitor in Tonny's Prison
Maddie

PostSubject: Re: Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal   Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi Luin,

I'm glad I'm able to talk with you about Mads here  Very Happy , its much better than Tumblr and Twitter. I signed up for Tumblr last week, just so I could stayed informed about Mads' new film The Salvation. Now that I have had the chance to see what Tumblr is like, I probably will delete the account. Most information about Mads I was able to get off the Mads Mikkelsen fan site, as well as the Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr pages that are linked to the site. I have never commented on the Facebook site and I only use Facebook to stay in touch with family.

I got too upset the other day when I read the comments and questions on Tumblr about Mads' family and personal life, but I now see that many of the fans on Tumblr are just kids. I agree with you that "some" people like to build their own picture of what they think a particular star's life is. You never can be completely sure what goes on in an actor's personal life, but from what I have seen of Mads, he is a wonderful family man who loves his wife and kids. He is a gentleman around his female costars, but I think he knows his place and would not trade all the years with his wife for someone else.

Mads was living with his wife and son during the first season, but they have been living separately while he was filming the second season of Hannibal. Here's a little excerpt from that interview I mentioned:

You’re based in Denmark – is it difficult being away from your wife and children?

Mads: Yes – It’s something I need to figure out how to approach in the future because filming this second series took longer than anticipated. We’ve been in Toronto for over seven months. But I can’t really move my family over and say, “Hey, drop all your friends and come and watch dad get home at four in the morning!”  

I bet it was hard on Carl moving to another country, away from all his friends while having to adjust to another culture, as well as speaking another language. I had a similar struggle when I moved from Australia to the States in my teens. I don't think Mads or Hanne really understood what they were getting into when Mads signed on to do Hannibal.

I noticed that the Danish premier for The Salvation was today and I saw the picture of Mads and his family, they all looked so happy to be reunited. Carl has really grown and he is taller than Mads now; I think Viola and Carl look more like Hanne. Viola grew up to become a beautiful young woman and Carl has now grown up to be a cute teenage boy.  Very Happy 

Mads is actually 48, but I agree, the cigarettes aren't helping him either and he has always been a heavy smoker. Some days he is really attractive and other days it looks like he just woke up. But for being such a heavy smoker, he still looks good for his age. The best thing about Mads is that he isn't vain like other actors. Very Happy 

Even though I am a big fan of Mads and find him attractive, I realise he is a married man with children. I continue to follow Mads and watch his films because I find him to be different from other actors. He isn't shallow or vain; he is a down to earth person, and I admire how talented he is. I enjoy watching his films and also enjoy watching other non-American movies. Since video streaming services like Netflix have opened up in the States, there has been a greater access to foreign films. I enjoy watching his films on Netflix and I also enjoy watching other European films. I sometimes have to watch things twice since the movies are all with subtitles.  Laughing 

There is no need to apologise, your English is perfect. Very Happy I also speak Spanish and can sometimes make mistakes, but I think your English is better than my Spanish. Laughing I see that your from Germany; I have always wanted to go there, hopefully I will, some day.  Very Happy 
I have visited five countries in Europe so far and really enjoyed the experience, I love how multilingual Europeans are.  Very Happy 

I will try to write as often as I can here. I am so glad to be able to have someone to talk to about Mads.  Smile  I have been living in California for almost a year now, even though I like it here, I miss New York and having four seasons, I also miss not having to drive everywhere which gets tiresome.  No 

It looks like its getting later here, so I will end my reply here. Hopefully you are resting well now. Good night, try not to work too hard.  Smile 

-Maddie
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal   Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:35 am

Finally I'll take the time to answer. I have a cold just because of the air con. Very stupid because we have a wonderful early summer.

But back to Mads. Wink

I wasn't glad, that Mads became Hannibal. He made wonderful movies in Denmark and Europe and some not so good movies in Hollywood (Clash of the Titans, King Arthur, The 3 Musketeers). He doesn't need an American series, because then he will surely loose some of his freedom - and as you wrote he did. Seven months away from his family! That's a big prize. Surely his contract was so hard, that he couldn't say: Ok, we work three weeks very hard and then I'll have a week free to fly back to Denmark. He maybe does a deal with the devil and now he owns this director of Hannibal.  Twisted Evil I'm not sure, if an interessting role is it worth to pay the prize to be away from the ones you love.

But well. It was his decision and he is an adult. I'm sad, that there are so less movies with him this time. There were a lot very good the last years, but now just "Salvation" and some day "Men and hens" (which is hopefully as good as Adam's apples).

Carl is really grown up. Higher than Mads, wonder what he say to this. Wether he is proud or he wishes his boy would stay a small boy/child. He really looks more than Hanne. He's handsome for sure, but it would be great to see a young version of Mads again.  I love you 

Do you have the whole interview, where Mads said, that he is sad to be far away from his family? Please feel welcome to post some interviews and articles here. I still haven't the time to search myself, but I'd gladly read them.

So. that's all for today. I'll have to drink some hot lemon and relax a bit.
Bye Luin
Back to top Go down
Maddie
Maddie

PostSubject: Re: Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal   Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:54 am

Hi Luin,

I apologise for taking so long to respond to your post. My air conditioner stopped working a few days ago and it has been really hot. I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick, I hope your feeling better now. Smile 

I posted a copy of that TV Guide article where Mads discusses being away from his family. I think his wife and kids are proud of him; they just really miss having him home. Carl does resemble Mads a little, but both kids look like Hanne, but Hanne is a beautiful woman.

During the first season of Hannibal, I was able to fast forward the show and watch Mads' scenes and he is a really great actor in this, even though I thought the writing was terrible. Without spoiling too much, the second season of Hannibal is far more gruesome and you see Hannibal actually killing people. I found it disturbing to say the least and did not watch most of the second season. I think its really hypocritical that they can show so much violence and gore on TV, but refuse to show the slightest amount of nudity. I think one of the reasons the viewership here is so low is that people are becoming uncomfortable with all the violence on TV. I respect others opinions; I know there are others out there that like the show, but I think this amount of violence is something the networks need to reconsider.  No 

I can't wait until The Salvation and Men and Hens comes out, both films sound great. Have you watched the trailer for The Salvation yet? It looks really, really good!  Very Happy  I would love to see Mads in another Susanne Bier film, After the Wedding is my favorite film of Mads'.

Anyway, hope all is well and you are feeling better!  Smile 

-Maddie
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal   Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi Maddie,

You don't need to apologize. Smile I'm feeling better thanks. The first days of a cold are always the "hardest". Today is the first day that the sun is shining again, so after this post, I will take my camera and go outside to find some nice things to take photos. Sadly I won't have Mads before my camera.  Wink 

I will read the interview later, but I want to say something about the violence in Hannibal. On one hand you're quiet right. That specific way to kill (I mean Hannibal is a psychotic person) shouldn't be shown in detail. I never saw "The silence of the lambs". I stopped after 2 minutes, when I saw hanged persons without skin in a truck. I don't need to see that. It's sad enough, that there are such mad/ill persons, who kill people in this cruel way.

On the other hand we in Europe have many of cruel crime stories, especially from Scandinavia (which are very popular here in Germany). The thing is, that the Scandinavian wants to show reality and to be killed or be abused is nothing harmless. It's sad AND brutal reality. It's not like in the old movies, when a dead person lies there like sleeping and with no blood, after his throat has been cut off. Wink

I really like the Swedish series "Wallander" (of Henning Mankell). Don't know, if you have ever heard of him, he is very popular here in Germany and Europe. It's a series about a police man and some cases in his hometown. He always said (in the books) when he saw the body first time: "This is the worst thing I ever have seen in my whole life. How could this happen in our country?" But the cases get more brutal with every book and I think, the author thinks, that this is reality and that there are such cruel things, which you can't imagine, that they would happen, years ago.

There are also a TV-series of this policeman, and there is shown how another friendly policeman is tortured by some bad boys. It was hard to watch it and I really don't like it, but on the other hand, then you can imagine, what torture is. And when you hear, that some army people (and in our meaning they are the good ones) do this too, you are more shocked, because then you have a picture in mind, how this torture must feel like. Torture doesn't happend just in TV, but also in reality, what we often forgot.

I'm not sure, if I want to see Hannibal. I never saw Pusher yet, because I'm afraid of the reality and the sad/cruel things which surely happen to Mads (or he does to others).

Well. Now I want to go outside in sun and forget about the dark sides of human beings. Have a nice day!

Luin
Back to top Go down
Maddie
Maddie

PostSubject: Re: Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal   Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 9:03 am

I finally have the time to write a response. I have the day off work, but I've been busy looking for another job, so things have been a little crazy here.

I agree with what you mentioned regarding the violence in films today. I have seen a lot of the Scandinavian crime films and know what your referring to, I haven't seen Wallander though. I have seen The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (The Swedish version), and actually liked it. I just feel like Hollywood films tend to glamorise violence, unlike showing the realism and brutality, as you mentioned. I think that's what disturbs me.

I've seen all of Mads' films, including his Pusher films, but I just didn't care for either one. I think its a matter of taste. I love all the films he's made with Susanne Bier and wish Mads would get the chance to work with her again.

I don't want to scare away anyone who may be lurking on the forum. I know some of the older fans may enjoy Hannibal, but its just not for me, and I respect others opinions and ideas.  Smile I wish we could get more of these fans posting here, but I enjoy discussing Mads with you.  Very Happy 

I posted several interviews of Mads' in the "interview" section of the forum. A lot of his new interviews concern Hannibal and they tend to ask him the same redundant questions and he often gives the same response, so I tend to skip over a lot of those interviews. But, I do find a few good ones every so often.  Smile  Mads does seem to be happy playing Hannibal, from what I've read in his interviews, and I do wish him all the happiness and success that comes his way. He works hard and deserves it.  Very Happy 

It just crossed my mind that Mads' daughter is 21; I wonder how long it will be before we see a grandpa Mads.  Laughing Its shocking to see how fast time passes by.  Crying or Very sad

I hope you enjoyed your day off work and got lots of beautiful pictures. Very Happy   If you ever get any pics of Mads, be sure to post them here.   Wink 

-Maddie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal   Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anything about Mads and his life after Hannibal
Page 1 of 1