Mad About Mads Mikkelsen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On June 1st the old MAMM forum closed down, this is an attempt at life-saving.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Death of Charlie Countryman

Go down 
+5
autolycuscus
Lisbeth Salander
Empress of Cornwall
madsaddicted
BeerIsFood
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottie
Ivan's Gardener
scottie

The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:24 am

I never give much about critics. Sometimes they are right and sometimes not.
Back to top Go down
Empress of Cornwall
Draco's Hairstylist
Empress of Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Hello my lovely ones!

Well I must agree with Scottie regarding reviews - I love some film that others panned anf hated 'Avatar' and 'Titanic'!

Our lovely Mads is sure to be great ...
Remmeber I loved T3M and COTT!

I will try to visit more often !

Eoc
Back to top Go down
Zoia
Janitor in Tonny's Prison

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:59 pm

I haven't seen it, but it sounds like it has a good plot. I don't think I've ever seen a bad Mads Mikkelsen movie before.
Back to top Go down
annesrake
Le Chiffre's Tissue Bearer

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:02 am

So...
I didn't get tickets for the film. But I read today that Mads will be in town for the premiere. So I might go and try to get tickets on Saturday for the premiere.
If you are interested to watch the photocall and the press conference: they will be streamed live on the Berlinale website (photocall is to start at 17:10 MEZ and the press conference at 17:20). If you are totally bored you can watch the Red Carpet at 21:30 MEZ. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 am

I only want to post the synopsis of the movie from the Berlinale site:

Quote :
The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman

USA 2013

Länge 107 Min.
Format DCP
Farbe

STABLISTE
Regie: Fredrik Bond
Buch: Matt Drake
Kamera: Roman Vasyanov
Schnitt: Hughes Winborne
Musik: Christophe Beck, Dead Mono
Sounddesign: Chad Hughes, Aaron „Luc“ Levy
Mischung: Dragos Stanomir
Art Director: Adrian Curelea
Produzenten: Craig Flores, Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa, William Horberg
Ausführende Produzenten: Nicolas Chartier, Patrick Newall, Dean Parisot

DARSTELLER
Charlie Countryman: Shia LaBeouf
Gabi Ibanescu: Evan Rachel Wood
Nigel: Mads Mikkelsen
Darko: Til Schweiger
Karl: Rupert Grint
Luc: James Buckley
Victor Ibanescu: Ion Caramitru
Bill: Vincent D‘Onofrio
Kate: Melissa Leo
Erzähler: John Hurt

PRODUKTION
Voltage Pictures
Los Angeles, CA, USA
+1 323 6067630
sales@voltagepictures.com
Bona Fide Productions
Los Angeles, CA, USA
+1 310 2736782
bona_fideproductions@yahoo.com

WELTVERTRIEB
Voltage Pictures
Los Angeles, CA, USA
+1 323 6067630
sales@voltagepictures.com

Nach dem Krebstod seiner Mutter reist Charlie nach Bukarest. In einer Vision hat ihn die Tote dazu aufgefordert: Er soll Kopf und Herz wieder freibekommen. Doch schon im Flugzeug kommt der nächste Todesfall. Dieses Mal trifft es den Mitreisenden, den er gerade erst kennengelernt hat. Wieder hat Charlie ein Versprechen zu halten. Er muss das Gepäck des Toten an dessen Tochter Gabi überbringen, in die er sich Hals über Kopf verliebt. Auf die schöne Musikerin erhebt allerdings der psychotische Boss eines Drogenkartells Anspruch, und der denkt nicht im Traum daran, dem unbedarften Amerikaner das Feld zu überlassen.
Aber Charlie hat sich in den Kopf gesetzt, Gabi zu beschützen und ihr seine Liebe zu beweisen. Auf der Flucht vor rumänischen Killerbrigaden, durch versiffte Youth Hostels und Stripclubs wie aus Kifferträumen wächst er über sich hinaus. Aber ist das am Ende genug?

Die Transformation des Transformers: Shia LaBeouf als naiver Normalo und rettungsloser Romantiker, der im Kampf mit skrupellosen Gangstern versucht, sein Leben und seine Liebe zu retten.

Ein schnelles, gut gelauntes Spielfilmdebüt, das lakonisch mit amerikanischen Klischees
von Europas wildem Osten spielt.

After his mother dies of cancer, Charlie travels to Bucharest: his late mother appeared in a vision and instructed him to go there to free his mind and heart. But another death occurs when he’s still on the plane. This time it’s a fellow passenger he’s only just met. Now Charlie has another promise to fulfil: he is to hand over the deceased’s luggage to his daughter Gabi. He does so – and falls head over heels in love. However, the psychotic boss of a drug cartel has already laid claim to this beautiful musician, and has absolutely no intention of giving her up to an ignorant American. But Charlie is determined to protect Gabi
and prove his love to her. On the run from Romanian killer commandos, passing through grubby youth hostels and strip clubs straight out of a pothead’s dream, he grows in stature. But will this be enough?

The transformation of a ‘Transformer’ – Shia La Boeuf plays a naïve average joe and hopeless romantic pitted against a bunch of ruthless gangsters in order to save his life and his love.

A fast-paced, upbeat feature debut which toys laconically with many American cliché of Europe’s Wild East.

Source: Berlinale PDF Document (German/English)

It sounds not like my favorite movie. Surely a lot of action and shootings, bleeding noses or worse than that. That's not really my kind of humor. The only thing, which is nice is, that Mads wife in this movie is called Gabi, what's my real name. But maybe annesrake could tell us more, if she'll get tickets for the premiere.

Does anyone knows, why "The Hunt" isn't in the competition anyway? Last year there were only A royal affair at the Berlinale, I think.
Back to top Go down
annesrake

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 am

No, The Hunt is not shown at the Berlinale. But I think it's because it premiered at Cannes last year. That is too long ago plus it had its cinema release in some countries already. The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman was shown only at the Sundance Festival two weeks ago...
Back to top Go down
annesrake

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

It seems Mads is not in town - I had a look at the press conference site and they listed the director, Shia LaBeouf, Til Schweiger and Rupert Grint but not Mads. So I just decided not to try to get ticket for the premiere tonight but to sneak in tomorrow's screening at 'my' theatre (since last year the theatre I work for is part of the Berlinale cinemas). I have so much work to do (currently I am planning the technical stuff for a ball in two weeks), so I don't have the time to queue for hours. And as I expect this movie not be my kind of movie plus no Mads in real life - easy decision! Smile
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:01 am

I saw the press conference. There were only the director, Til Schweiger and Rupert Grint. That Weasly-boy had a hard time, because there was only one question - as I remember - for him. And the other ones had to talk a lot about Mads Mikkelsen, because he was the important actor in that film. Very funny. Laughing

I tried to download the press conference, but it didn't work. Hopefully I find the video somewhere at the Berlinale website.
Back to top Go down
annesrake

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:09 am

You can always find the videos in the archive afterwards.
I watched the movie yesterday - a review will follow as soon as possible. Just the short version: I was well entertained, I have absolutely no idea why this film is part of the Competition of one of the major film festivals and you don't have to watch this movie Mads-wise - though until yesterday I had no idea that a man wearing a hawaiin style shirt but with dachshund (Dackel) print could be so sexy... Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 am

Quote :
Berlinale Kritik: The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman

Geschrieben am 21. Februar 2013 - 17:47 Uhr von Kino7.de/ Josephine Drews

Shia LaBeouf kann schauspielern! Fredrik Bonds Film THE NECESSARY DEATH OF CHARLIE COUNTRYMAN zeigt den einst überdrehten TRANSFORMERS-Star von einer ganz neuen Seite – und die gefiel mir!

Das moderne Märchen handelt von Charlie, welcher nach dem Tod seiner Mutter nach Bukarest reist. Im Flugzeug trifft dieser auf einen Mitreisenden, welcher seiner Tochter Gabi ein Geschenk in Bukarest übergeben will. Doch während des Fluges verstirbt dieser aus mysteriösen Gründen. So macht Charlie sich auf, um der besagten Tochter das Geschenk zu überreichen. Bereits beim ersten Treffen knistert es und die Beiden verlieben sich ineinander. Dumm nur, dass diese bereits an einen Boss eines Drogenkartells vergeben ist, der Gabi selbstverständlich nicht gerne in fremden Händen sieht.

THE NECESSARY DEATH OF CHARLIE COUNTRYMAN handelt ganz klar von der Liebe, aber auch vom Tod, welcher vor allem in diesem Film so unausweichlich wie noch nie zu sein scheint. Gedreht wurde im chaotisch charmanten Bukarest, welche das Gefühlschaos der Protagonisten perfekt widerspiegelt. Bond arbeitete hier mit kleinen Details, die anfangs nicht ganz klar sind und erst zum Ende hin wieder hervorgerufen werden. Neben den beiden Hauptdarstellern LaBoeuf und Rachel Evan Wood bekommen wir außerdem Mads Mikkelsen, Til Schweiger oder auch HARRY POTTER-Star Rupert Grint zu Gesicht. Mikkelsen und Schweiger mimen hierbei die beiden skrupellosen Oberschurken, welche es auf den doch sehr naiven und zurückhaltenden Charlie abgesehen haben.

Neben der herrlich skurrilen Story überzeugt der Film jedoch auch mit der technischen Ausstattung. Neben der grandiosen Kameraarbeit und dem großartigen Soundtrack, zieht der Film vor allem aus dem Setting wahnsinnig viel Kraft. Die verruchten Youth Hotels oder gemütlichen Bars der Stadt lassen einen unverwechselbaren europäischen Flair mitschwingen. Natürlich wird auch hier auch mit Klischees gespielt und doch wirkt der Film an keiner Stelle überzogen. Frederik Bond kann sich mit seinem gut gelaunten und schnellen Spielfilmdebüt durchaus sehen lassen! Perfekt für einen Kinoabend!

4,5 von 5 Sternen

Berlinale Review: The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman

Posted on 21 February 2013 - 17:47 clock of Kino7.de, by Josephine Drews

Shia LaBeouf can act! Fredrik Bond film THE NECESSARY DEATH OF CHARLIE COUNTRYMAN shows the once hyped TRANSFORMERS star from a new perspective - and I liked it!

This modern fairy tale is about Charlie, who travels to his mother's death to Bucharest. The plane hits a fellow traveler on this, which his daughter Gabi wants to give a gift in Bucharest. But during the flight that died for mysterious reasons. This is how Charlie is to hand over the gift to the daughter said. From the first meeting it crackles and the two fall in love themselves. Too bad that this is already in use by a drug cartel boss, of course, does not like Gabi in foreign hands.

THE NECESSARY DEATH OF CHARLIE COUNTRYMAN is clearly about love, but also of death, which, especially in this film seems as inevitable as never to be. The film was shot in chaotic charming Bucharest, which reflects the emotional turmoil of the protagonists perfectly. Bond worked here with little details that are not quite clear at first and caused only towards the end again. Besides the two main actors Evan Rachel Wood and LaBoeuf we also get Mads Mikkelsen, Til Schweiger, or Harry Potter star Rupert Grint to face. Mikkelsen and Schweiger mimic this, the two upper unscrupulous villains who have it in for the still very naive and reticent Charlie.

Besides the wonderfully bizarre story of the film but also confident with the technical equipment. Besides the terrific camera work and the great soundtrack, the film draws primarily from the insane amount of power setting. The infamous Youth hotels and cozy bars in the city can resonate a distinctive European flair. Course is also played here with clichés and yet at no point does the film covered. Frederik Bond is with his good-humored and quick feature film debut quite impressive! Perfect for a movie night!

4.5 of 5 stars

Source: kino7.de
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Quote :
BERLINALE 2013 – WETTBEWERB
The necessary Death of Charlie Countryman

E.P. , 10. Februar 2013

Underground-Kino mit Star-Besetzung: Zuschauer-Liebling Shia LaBeouf spielt den naiven, aber hoffnungslos verliebten Charlie, Evan Rachel Wood die rumänische Schönheit, die durchaus Kontakt zur illegalen Szene hat

DARUM GEHT ES IN "THE NECESSARY DEATH OF CHARLIE COUNTRYMAN"
Charlies (Shia LaBeouf) Leben ist unstrukturiert, ziellos und braucht dringend eine Veränderung – und das weiß der junge Amerikaner. Als seine Mutter ihrem Krebsleiden erliegt, bricht für Charlie zwar eine Welt zusammen, aber er realisiert auch, dass er etwas ändern muss. Das hat ihm seine geliebte Mutter schließlich mit auf den Weg gegeben, ihm quasi als ihren letzten Wunsch aufgetragen: Charlie soll nach Bukarest reisen. Planlos steigt er somit ins Flugzeug, wohin die Reise in Bukarest genau geht, weiß er nicht. Aber er ist voller Hoffnung, dass es eine Bereicherung für sein Leben sein könnte – bis sein Sitznachbar während des Fluges neben ihm sitzend einschläft und auch nicht mehr aufwacht. Victor Ionescu ist tot. Einfach so. Ganz plötzlich. Dabei hatte der freundliche Rumäne Charlie zu Beginn des Fluges doch noch erzählt, dass er seiner Tochter in Amerika eine Mütze gekauft hat, die er ihr unbedingt schenken möchte. Das muss nun Charlie übernehmen. Als er der hübschen Gabi (Evan-Rachel Wood) dann zum ersten Mal begegnet, ist es Liebe auf den ersten Blick. Doch Gabi hat ihre eigenen Probleme, wie etwa einen nervigen Ex-Mann (Mads Mikkelsen), der Charlie von Beginn an nicht leiden kann. Und der dafür sorgt, dass Charlie alsbald auf der Abschuss-Liste der rumänischen Mafia und deren Boss (Til Schweiger) landet…

FAZIT
"The necessary Death of Charlie Countryman" spaltet in diesem Jahr die Berlinale-Crowd. Die einen lieben ihn, die anderen hassen ihn. Einig ist man sich überhaupt nicht. Und das aus gutem Grund: Zwar sind die Kernthemen des Werkes – Liebe und Tod – schnell ausgemacht. Aber irgendwie weiß man dann doch nicht so ganz, wo das Ganze enden soll. Lebensveränderung hier, große Liebe da, die Mafia irgendwo dazwischen. Man muss sich schon auf ein kleines Kino-Abenteuer einlassen, um den Film zu begreifen. Ganz klar ist somit, zu welcher Regisseurs-Gruppe Fredrik Bond mit diesem Film gehört: zu den Jungen Wilden. Grelle Farben, viele Close-Ups auch wenn mehrere Protagonisten eine Szene bestimmen, melancholische Musik, Underground-Settings – Mainstream-Kino ist der Film zum Glück nicht. Eher ein Experiment. Das liegt natürlich auch an der durchmischten, aber immer noch starreichen Besetzung: Til Schweiger als Mafioso, Shia LaBeouf als Held, Rupert Grint als unzugänglicher Freund des Helden, Evan Rachel Wood als rumänische Schönheit – ja, so haben wir diese Stars zuvor noch nicht gesehen.

E.P. , 10. Februar 2013

BERLINALE 2013 - COMPETITION
The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman

EP February 10th  2013

Underground cinema with star cast: audience-favorite Shia LaBeouf plays the naive, but hopelessly in love Charlie, Evan Rachel Wood, the Romanian beauty that certainly has contact with the illegal scene

THAT'S WHAT "THE NECESSARY DEATH OF CHARLIE COUNTRYMAN" IS ABOUT
Charlie's (Shia LaBeouf) life is unstructured, aimless and urgently needs a change - and the white of young Americans. When his mother succumbs to her cancer, while Charlie breaks a world together, but he also realizes that he needs to change something. This has finally given him his beloved mother on the way, virtually applied to him as her last wish: Charlie will travel to Bucharest. Haphazard he thus gets into the air, where the journey goes exactly in Bucharest, he does not know. But he is hopeful that it could be an asset to his life - until his seatmate during a flight sitting next to him asleep and not wake up. Victor Ionescu is dead Just like that. All of a sudden. Here, the friendly Romanian Charlie had at the beginning of the flight but still tells that he has bought his daughter in America a hat that he wants to give her absolutely. This must now take over Charlie. When he met the lovely Gabi (Evan Rachel Wood) for the first time, it's love at first sight. But Gabi has its own problems, such as an annoying ex-husband (Mads Mikkelsen), who does not like Charlie from the beginning. And ensures that Charlie immediately on the hit-list of the Romanian mafia and their boss (Til Schweiger) lands ...

CONCLUSION
"The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman" splits this year's Berlinale crowd. Some love him, others hate him. All agree, not at all. And for good reason: While the core themes of the work are - love and death - quickly identified. But somehow you know then but not quite where the whole thing to end. Life change here, love there, somewhere in between the Mafia. You really have to engage in a little cinema adventure to understand the movie. Clearly, therefore, is to which group director Fredrik Bond heard with this movie: the young and wild. Bright colors, even if multiple protagonists determine many close-ups a scene, melancholy music, underground settings - mainstream cinema is not the film to happiness. Rather an experiment. This is of course also on the mixed but still star-rich Cast: Til Schweiger as a mafioso, Shia LaBeouf as a hero, Rupert Grint as inaccessible friend of the hero, Evan Rachel Wood as Romanian beauty - yes, we have these stars never seen before .

Source: ELLE Magazine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Death of Charlie Countryman   The Death of Charlie Countryman - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Death of Charlie Countryman
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2