Mad About Mads Mikkelsen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On June 1st the old MAMM forum closed down, this is an attempt at life-saving.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toronto International Film Festival 2012

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Canadiana
Janitor in Tonny's Prison

Location : Canada (no surprise there, eh?! Look at my User name!)

Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi everyone,
Its been a while since I've posted but I'm opening this thread in anticipation of the TIFF festival which starts here on September 6th. Here's the scoop - both The Hunt and A Royal Affair are playing (the latter as a Gala event!).

So I sent an email to Mads' agent in Denmark (yes, I really did) and he confirmed (yes he really did!) that Mads will attend both films. Yay!!! I plan to make it to both and will fill you all in on my efforts.

Now that I have been catching up on the board here, I really should not be surprised that he can attend, since it sounds like he's going to be in the neighbourhood shooting Hannibal. I can't believe he was here recently watching the baseball game!! How did I not know about this! Smile

Man I wish I know someone at the production company etc to get a chance to see the shooting of the show, but I will be happy to see him at TIFF. More later.
Back to top Go down
Empress of Cornwall
Draco's Hairstylist
Empress of Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:29 am

Welcome Canadiannia!

We have missed you! Enjoy TIFF

Love

(Joanna)
EOC
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:56 am

Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Mads_Mikkelsen_Trine_Dyrholm_TIFF_by_AOP

Mads Mikkelsen and Trine Dyrholm on the red carpet in Toronto. (Photo: AOP)

Quote :
Canadisk jubel over Trine Dyrholm og Mads Mikkelsen

13 september 2012 | John Lautrup

Publikum rejste sig og hyldede Trine Dyrholm og Mads Mikkelsen med stående klapsalver efter visningen af "En kongelig affære" på filmfestivalen i Toronto.

Trine Dyrholm har travle dage i Toronto. Først blev hun hyldet efter endnu en fantastisk modtagelse af "Den skaldede frisør", og i nat tog publikum på Toronto International Film Festival mindst lige så godt imod Nikolaj Arcels "En kongelig affære", hvor Trine Dyrholm også har en fremtrædende rolle.

Ved gallavisningen i den stuvende fulde Roy Thompson Hall med over 2.000 publikummer blev de fremmødte fra filmen – Mads Mikkelsen, Trine Dyrholm, Nikolaj Arcel og manuskriptforfatter Rasmus Heisterberg – hyldet med stormende bifald og lange stående ovationer efter filmen.

Og publikum var ikke alene om at være begejstrede for det historiske trekantsdrama med den sindssyge kong Christian VII og hans livlæge, Johann Friedrich Struensee, der tog sig lidt for kærligt af dronning Caroline Mathilde. Dugfriske anmeldelser af "En kongelig affære" i store amerikanske aviser er lystig læsning for det danske filmhold.

For få dage siden var The Wall Street Journal ude at skamrose filmen og skrev blandt andet, at den var ”sindssygt underholdende og smukt lavet”. I går var det så selveste Roger Ebert, USA's nok største anmelderkoryfæ, som i sin anmeldelse i Chicago Sun Times kaldte "En kongelig affære"et førsteklasses historisk drama og fortsatte med at rose både Arcel, skuespillerne og filmens spektakulære look.

Med den flotte modtagelse i Toronto fortsætter filmen med at begejstre i Nordamerika. Først var det den prestigefyldte Telluride Film Festival i Colorado, der hyldede filmen, og nu altså Toronto inden filmen får premiere i USA den 9. november.

Canadian euphoria over Trine Dyrholm and Mads Mikkelsen

September 13, 2012 | John Lautrup

The audience stood up and praised Trine Dyrholm and Mads Mikkelsen with a standing ovation after the screening of "A Royal Affair" at the film festival in Toronto.

Trine Dyrholm have busy day in Toronto. First she was hailed by another great reception of "The bald hairdresser", and last night took the audience at the Toronto International Film Festival at least as well against Nikolaj Arcel's "A Royal Affair" where Trine Dyrholm also has a prominent role.

At the gala display in the packed Roy Thompson Hall with over 2,000 spectators were in attendance from the film - Mads Mikkelsen, Trine Dyrholm, Nikolaj Arcel and screenwriter Rasmus Heisterberg - hailed with thunderous applause and long standing ovations after the movie.

And the audience was not alone in being excited about the historical triangle with the insane King Christian VII and his personal physician, Johann Friedrich Struensee, who took a little too fondly of Queen Caroline Mathilde. Fresh Reviews of "A Royal Affair" in major U.S. newspapers are merry reading for the Danish film crew.

A few days ago, The Wall Street Journal out to praise the film and wrote, among other things, that it was "insanely entertaining and beautifully made." Yesterday it was so himself Roger Ebert, America's enough largest reviewer bigwigs, who in his review in the Chicago Sun Times called "A Royal Affair" a first-class historical drama and went on to praise both Arcel, the actors and the film's spectacular look.

With the great reception in Toronto film continues to delight in North America. First it was the prestigious Telluride Film Festival in Colorado, who praised the film, and now Toronto before the movie will premiere in the U.S. on 9 November.

Source: Billedbladet

Well. It's a great movie, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:53 am

Don't know, if this is the right place. But here are some videos of the TIFF

Mads Mikkelsen sat down with Ferial Nijem to talk about his film A Royal Affair at the Toronto International Film Festival. In a Royal Affair, a young queen, who is married to an insane king, falls secretly in love with her physician - together they start a revolution that changes a nation forever.Distributed by OneLoad.com

Mads Mikkelsen, Trine Dyrholm, Nikolaj Arcel and Tobias Lindholm attend the premiere of the A Royal Affair at TIFF12

Mads Mikkelsen was Interviewed by Bonnie Laufer, at the Toronto Film Festival 2012

And about the Hunt:

The Hunt (Jagten) Q & A at TIFF12

Back to top Go down
scottie
Ivan's Gardener
scottie

PostSubject: Re: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:41 am

Thank you so much for putting those vids up.
I really had to laugh about that big blue chair he was sitting on. Every time he moved he made a lot of noise...
He looked very relaxed in every vid. He probably has a very good time there.
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:44 am

I don't really understand. There's a site with the awards: The awards of the TIFF

It's to complicate to post them here, I have to write them all down instead of copy the text.

But I don't know any of these movies, who probably won. I thought this festival would be the one, who maybe shows us, who could win the Academy Award. I'm confused.

Edit: I found an article:

Quote :
And the TIFF ’12 Awards Go To…

Prizes just announced for this year's Toronto International Film Festival.

BY HAMUTAL DOTAN, SEPTEMBER 16, 2012 AT 1:57 PM

Hot off the TIFF press: this year’s award winners. Garnering some hardware:

Best Canadian Short: Deco Dawson for Keep a Modest Head. The jury described it as “a film that expands the boundaries of documentary, one that perfectly reflects its surreal subject.”

Best Canadian Feature: Xavier Dolan’s Laurence Anyways. The jury said: “For its breathless cinematic energy and its entirely new love story, [we] felt honoured to watch such unfettered genius at play.”

Best Canadian First Feature: a tie between Brandon Cronenberg’s Antiviral (“for its ambitious commentary and visual sophistication”) and Jason Buxton’s Blackbird (“for its authenticity and clear-eyed social conscience”).

International Critics (FIPRESCI Prize) for Special Presentations: Francois Ozon’s Dans la maison, “for achieving an exquisitely crafted entertainment that blurs the distinction between the storyteller and the story told.”

International Critics (FIPRESCI) for the Discovery programme: Mikael Marcimain’s Call Girl, in which “Marcimain deals with his sensitive subject with immense ease and craftsmanship.”

People’s Choice Award: to David O. Russell for Silver Linings Playbook, “an intense, loving, emotional and funny family story from the director of The Fighter, David O. Russell, in which Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence find themselves partners in a secret arrangement to rebuild their broken lives.” First runner up is Argo (Ben Affleck), and second runner up is Zaytoun (Eran Riklis).

People’s Choice Midnight Madness Award: Martin McDonagh’s Seven Psychopaths, which “follows a struggling screenwriter who inadvertently becomes entangled in the Los Angeles criminal underworld after his oddball friends kidnap a gangster’s beloved Shih Tzu.”

People’s Choice Documentary Award: Bartholomew Cubbins for Artifact, for “telling harsh truths about the modern music business.”

As is customary, TIFF will hold a free screening of the People’s Choice winner. That screening takes place at 6 p.m. tonight, at the Ryerson Theatre. First-come, first served tickets will be available at the theatre starting at 4 p.m.

Source: Torontoist
Back to top Go down
Luin
One-Eye's One Eye
Luin

PostSubject: Re: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:12 am

Sept 12th | Highlights | Festival 2012

Some short snippets. Even Hanne comes out of the car! Cool

Sept 12th | Cameron's Daily Picks | Festival 2012
Back to top Go down
scottie
Ivan's Gardener
scottie

PostSubject: Re: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Huh?
Sorry sweets, not working...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toronto International Film Festival 2012   Toronto International Film Festival 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toronto International Film Festival 2012
Page 1 of 1